Did you know that Facebook now has more active users than China’s entire population - which is estimated to be 1.4 billion? With 2.01 billion active monthly users, Facebook is certainly a force to contend with and it goes without saying that if you are not marketing on Facebook for business then you are losing out on a great opportunity. Take a look at these 7 powerful Facebook Facts for Business Owners:
- 1.32 billion people log onto Facebook daily. The Implication: A huge and diverse growing number of Facebook users are active and consistent in their visits to the site, making them a promising audience for your marketing efforts.
- 1.15 billion mobile daily users which is a 23 percent year-over-year increase as of August, 2017.
- Facebook users are 76% female (out of 100% of all females) and 66% male (out of 100% of all males).
The Takeaway: Since this isn’t a large statistical difference, you should be able to effectively reach both genders on Facebook.
- The average time spent per Facebook visit is 20 minutes, according to Zephoria. What this means for you: You could have a short time period to make your impression, so use it wisely with relevant, interesting and unique posts and offers in order to get the most return on your efforts.
- 42% of marketers report that Facebook is critical or important to their business. This means that your competitors are already taking advantage of this platform in their marketing strategy.
- Facebook users share 300 million photos every day. In terms of capturing your target audience’s attention, Facebook presents a great opportunity since you have a larger window of time to work within.
Need more facts to consider before you use Facebook for your business?
Take this mind blowing fact under consideration; Customized News Feed, Facebook’s recent move to an algorithm-driven news feed means that just because someone is your fan, does not mean they will see your page posts or status updates. Instead, the default news feed is now comprised of content that Facebook thinks that you will like, based on your interactions with content from that author in the past, and interactions by your friends with that content.
This puts a tremendous premium on posting engaging content that will get comments and likes and shares. If you’re not paying attention to your content engagement scores within your Facebook analytics, start doing so now, and testing content types to see what works best for your brand.
Regardless of the reason, now is the time for business owners to embrace and really start using Facebook for their business. Obviously, if you are a business owner, the quality of your product is important, but at the end of the day, your businesses survival depends on sales. Why not tap into the huge potential customer base that Facebook represents? 2.01 billion Facebook users are waiting for you.